There are several ways to protect your skin. Using the services of a Sydney skin clinic is an excellent place to start, because they can set you on the right path.
Eating a healthy diet and managing stress are also vital. A healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins is crucial in making you look and feel your best. A healthy state of mind is extremely important because uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and cause acne breakouts plus additional skin problems.
The following are 4 ways to protect your skin and keep it looking and feeling great. They can go a long way in keeping your skin healthy and glowing for several years to come:
1. Protect Your Skin from the Sun
Protecting your skin from the sun is the ultimate method you can use to cover your skin. If you expose yourself to the sun, it cannot only cause age spots, wrinkles, and other skin problems, but also increase skin cancer risks.
For total sun protection:
• Apply a generous amount of sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Ensure that you reapply it every two hours or more often if you are swimming or sweating.
• Look for shade and avoid the sun when its rays are strongest - between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• Use protective clothing such as long sleeved shirts, pants and wide brimmed hats. These help to block ultraviolet rays. There are also some laundry additives that can give your clothes an extra layer of protection.
2. Stay Properly Hydrated
Keeping your skin moist is vital for skin protection. Adequately hydrated skin retains pliability and prevents chapped, or scaly, peeling skin. So you need to:
• Drink plenty of water, which is important for hydrating your skin.
• Apply appropriate moisturizing cream or lotion for your skin type immediately after drying off from your shower or bath. Keep off products containing sodium lauryl sulfate since this ingredient removes natural oils that your skin needs.
• Don’t take hot but warm showers or baths and ensure that you limit them to between 5 and 10 minutes. You need to treat your skin gently as daily cleansing can take a toll on your skin. Apparently, exposure to water is counter-intuitive as it actually dries out your skin. So you can consider reducing the number of baths you take if dry skin persists.
3. Take Health Safety Measures
Viral infection of the skin bordering the lips causes cold sores, while bacteria can contribute to acne as well as other skin diseases. Practising skin protection involves being careful about what touches your skin in order to lessen your chances of exposure to germs. Therefore:
• Avoid sharing any of your personal items such as lip balms or toothbrushes.
• Avoid sharing drinks with other people.
• Don’t touch your face with fingers or objects that have been used by other people.
4. Regularly Visit a Sydney Skin Clinic You Trust
While there are plenty of skin clinics in Sydney, it may take you time to find one you are comfortable with. Everybody's skin needs are different, and we all have personal preferences which will ultimately influence our decision as to who we do business with.
A quality skin clinic with qualified skin experts can provide you the guidance, education and help you need - without pressure or guilt.
If you are experiencing skin pigmented lesions or disturbances of skin colour, for example, Detail Woman offers a cutting edge technology treatment to cure such issues - the Candela AlexTriVantage. You can now say goodbye to your sun spots, age spots, freckles or even pigmented birth marks in a snap.
The above ways are meant to protect your skin from damage and natural aging process. So why not contact Detail Woman's skin clinic in the Sydney CBD, on 02 9251 9966 today - and take the first step to more healthy-looking skin?